Attention Unemployed ACS Members
ACS is here for you. Tap into a host of valuable benefits and services to help you get back into the workforce.
How can ACS help you?
First, get a special dues waiver. You may retain all of your benefits of membership at no cost while unemployed. ACS is here for you! Contact us today with your name and member number to see if you qualify for assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-333-9511 or 614-447-3776
Next, tap into these special benefits and services for the unemployed:
- NEW! SciFinder® for Unemployed Scientists Program!
The purpose of this program is to help unemployed scientists find new employment and stay current in their area of research. Chemical Abstract Service (CAS), a division of the American Chemical Society, provides up to 100 SciFinder activities for personal use throughout the annual membership term. To take advantage of this opportunity, please visit the SciFinder for Unemployed Scientists Program page.
- Join an online job club for unemployed members. The group meets on Tuesdays from 2:00-3:00pm (Eastern Time). Participants will meet regularly using web conferencing technology to exchange job hunting tips and support. Sign up.
- Participate in online discussion forums on LinkedIn and the ACS Network where you can share experiences and job search resources. ACS Career Consultants are available to offer advice.
- Additional Career Resources for Unemployed ACS Members is a list of local and national job hunting resources. The list, which includes job boards, job clubs, employer information, and other resources, is maintained by local sections and ACS Careers.
- ACS National Dues may be waived for up to two years for members in good standing who are seeking employment
- ACS National Meeting registration is free when you interview with potential employers at the ACS Career Fair or Virtual Career Fair
- ACS Regional Meeting registration is now reduced to just $25.00
- ACS Onsite Career Fairs are held concurrently with each ACS National Meeting. Career fairs offer the opportunity to interview with prospective employers,network and gain essential job search skills.
- ACS Virtual Career Fairs are held concurrently with the ACS National Meetings. With zero travel costs, and typically more than 300 open positions, these events are great opportunities for members to meet employers.
- ACS Network is free giving you access to the online community where you can connect with potential employers and other colleagues around the globe
- Members-only access to the ACS Salary comparator will be free, giving you access to salaries currently being paid to ACS chemists
- ACS Courses* are offered to unemployed members of ACS at half off the Standard Rate (*some exclusions apply).
- ACS Leadership Courses are free either in-person or online. Contact email@example.com for a scholarship.
- Free Guidance from ACS Career Consultants – ACS mentors offer resume reviews, interview tips, career counseling, transitioning jobs, salary negotiation, and job search strategies making you stand out from the rest. Career Consultants are available for individualized phone or email consultations throughout the year. They are also available live at the Career Fairs and Virtual Career Fairs.
- ACS Member Insurance Program offers deferred premium payments
- And more!