ACS Responds to Superstorm Sandy
The USPS and FEMA encourage people displaced by Superstorm Sandy to temporarily change their address or to suspend their mailings.
If you have been displaced and need to temporarily change your primary mailing address or suspend mailings for a period of time, please let us know.
The ACS Board of Directors, other governance leadership and members, and staff convey to our colleagues in the areas impacted by Superstorm Sandy our heartfelt concerns and wishes.
ACS is taking numerous steps to assist our members and colleagues affected by this storm, including:
- Numerous ACS deadlines have been extended
- ACS National Election balloting is extended to November 16 (5:00 p.m. CT)
- Abstract submission deadlines for ACS divisions for the spring 2013 national meeting have been extended (the revised deadlines for each division can be found at abstracts.acs.org)
- Nominations for ACS Awards are extended to November 15 (5:00 p.m. ET)
- ACS Petroleum Research Fund submissions are extended to November 9 (5:00 p.m. ET)
- YCC Leadership Development Award applications are extended to November 9 (11:59 p.m. ET)
- National Chemistry Week poster contest deadline is extended to November 9 (5:00 p.m. ET)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) is providing alternative access and financial accommodations to customers.
- ACS Publications is providing special arrangements for sustained access to the Society’s journals and C&EN.
ACS is considering additional actions to help those affected. To follow up on the actions listed above, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-333-9511.