Expectations and Responsibilities
As a student in the American Chemical Society Scholars Program, you are EXPECTED to:
- Be Responsive
- If you are contacted by ACS Scholars Program staff, mentor, or corporate sponsor, you should respond promptly by telephone, e-mail, or return correspondence. A response is necessary even if you intend to decline an offer or invitation.
- Find a Mentor
- It is strongly recommended that you work with the ACS Scholars Program staff to identify a mentor or find someone on your own and inform us of your choice. Experience has proven that mentors contribute significantly to the success of science majors and their careers.
- Stay Informed
- Each student in the ACS Scholars Program will receive information periodically throughout the year (including summer) by e-mail, written correspondence, and postings on the ACS Scholars network. This will include important information about your scholarship, mentoring, and scheduled events.
- Keep Us Informed
- If your address or telephone number changes, either at your permanent home or school residential mailing address, please notify us. If you plan to transfer to another school, please notify us in advance of the transfer so we can arrange to send your stipend check to your new school.
- Ask Questions
- If there is anything that you do not understand about any information you receive from the Scholars Office or anyone connected with the Scholars Program, do not hesitate to call or send an e-mail message with your questions.